12 Dec Academic IELTS Reading Task Types
- Multiple choice
- Choose one answer from alternatives A-D
- Choose two answers from alternatives A-E
- Choose three answers from alternatives A-G
- Identifying information (T/F/NG)
- Say whether a statement is True / False or Not Given.
- Identifying the writer’s views/claims (Y/N/NG)
- Say whether a statement agrees with claims or views (Yes), disagrees with the views/claims (No) or whether there is no information on this (Not given).
- Matching information
- Match information to a paragraph in the text.
- Matching headings
- Match a heading from a list of possible answers to the correct paragraph or section of the text.
- Matching features
- Match a list of statements to a list of possible answers in a box (e.g. specific people or theories or dates).
- Matching sentence endings
- Complete a sentence by choosing a suitable ending from a box of possible answers.
- Sentence completion
- Complete a sentence with a suitable word or words from the text within the word limit given.
- Notes / summary / table / flow-chart completion
- Complete notes / a summary / a table / flow-chart with a suitable word (or words from a text).
- Labelling a diagram
- Label a diagram with a suitable word (or words) from the text of from a box of possible answers.
- Short-answer questions
- Answer questions using words from the text.
Do you want to improve your English linguistic competence, build up your confidence and achieve your target IELTS Scores?
Our team of Australian qualified TESOL Trainers & Assessors will always be there to guide you all steps of the way.